Misconceptions About Porcelain Veneers
If you desire a perfect Hollywood grin, you may have discoloration, misalignment, excessive wear or tooth decay. Porcelain veneers are a popular cosmetic dentistry solution, but is this treatment the right option for you?
What Are Porcelain Veneers and What Issues Do They Treat?
Veneers are translucent, thin shells that are bonded to imperfect teeth to transform smiles. Advancements in dental technology over the last three decades have made porcelain veneers more attractive. In addition, the application process is more convenient than ever. Your Glendale, Arizona dental may recommend porcelain veneers to correct any of the following issues:
- Chips or cracks
- Tooth discoloration
- Gapped teeth
- Minor misalignments
Common Misconceptions about Dental Veneers:
- The procedure is painful: A local anesthetic is used to numb the treatment area before veneers are placed.
- Veneers are applied only to front teeth: It is true that porcelain veneers near you are usually placed on the six teeth in the front because they are the most visible. But, in some cases, they can be applied to premolars and lower teeth.
- A lot of tooth preparation is required to place a veneer: Some reshaping is necessary to place a porcelain veneer, but the filing is minimal.
- Veneers can be placed in a single visit: The process requires several steps to make sure the restoration is perfect. A smile analysis is performed first, and temporary veneers made before you receive the final restorations.
- The color is unnaturally white and highly noticeable: Today’s veneers are custom-designed to perfectly match the size, shape, color, and thickness of your natural teeth.
Dental Veneers in Glendale, AZ
Contact our Glendale dental team at Desert Peak Family Dental to schedule a consultation for porcelain veneers. We are here to serve patients in the 85308 area. Candidates for veneers have good oral health overall and enough healthy enamel.